Rendering Artist Intern (x/f/m)
Internship (Remote available; EU time zones preferred)
Emphasis: Creation of assets showcasing our avatar technology
Salary: €400 – €1200 / month
Meshcapade is a spin-off from the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen, Germany and we are creating realistic human avatars for use in research, apparel, biomechanics, virtual reality and film. Using machine learning and computer vision, we model the nuances of human shape and movement. We can automatically convert photos, 3D & 4D scans, RGB-D sequences, Mocap and IMU data into realistic 3D humans. Our methods derive from state of the art, patented research methods. Our core product, digidoppel, is an online platform for the creation, modification, and delivery of our automated 3D human avatars and related assets. Our clients run the gamut of global names; a broad mix of tech, media, health and fitness, apparel, and education.
What we offer
You will work closely with the founders to help build the core products of a fresh startup, with the opportunity to drive design from the ground up. We are a team of passionate creators and developers from a variety of backgrounds, seeking to change how people generate, think about, and make use of digital human avatars. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Our offices are based in Tübingen, Germany. Remote work is possible.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working closely with the 3D graphics and design team to create content showcasing our avatar technology. You will assist in the creation and maintenance of our brand’s design story through 3D renders and find new and innovative ways to promote our products through visual storytelling:
- Support conceptualization and design of our video content
- Set up 3D scenes, lighting and execute renderings, animations for video content
- Assist with video compositing, retouching and editing
- Creation of 3D assets (clothing, accessories, hair, etc.) for physics-based rendering
What we’re looking for
- An up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates experience in 3D modeling and texturing, ideally with a focus on the human form
- Student status is not required, but we are looking for prior experience working with 3D technologies as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working on composing and lighting 3D scenes using PBR workflows
- An interest in avatar technology and exploring the potential of the metaverse
- Good design skills and experience in rendering/compositing software such as Blender, Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, Substance 3D, Marvelous Designer/CLO, etc.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
Nice to have
- Experience retargeting mocap animations between avatars
- Experience with asset creation pipelines for Unity or Unreal Engine
- Experience with Blender or Maya scripting