Backend Software Engineer (x/f/m)
Full-time (Remote optional; EU time zones preferred)
Emphasis: Python | Linux | AWS
Meshcapade is a spin-off from the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen, Germany and we are creating realistic human avatars for use in research, apparel, biomechanics, virtual reality and film. We can automatically convert photos, 3D & 4D scans, RGB-D sequences, Mocap and IMU data into realistic 3D humans. Our methods derive from state of the art, patented research methods. Our core product, digidoppel, is an online platform for the creation, modification, and delivery of our automated 3D human avatars and related assets. Our clients run the gamut of global names; a broad mix of tech, media, health and fitness, apparel, and education.
What we offer
You will help define the technical direction on improving the software infrastructure of our products and workflows. You will interact directly with the core dev team to help build, improve and QA existing and new processing pipelines and product features. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Our offices are based in Tübingen, Germany. Remote working options are available.
We are looking for a highly experienced back-end developer to join our engineering team. You will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for the maintenance and seamless integration of the front-end. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of outstanding backend development experience. We are a small startup and every member of our team is expected to pitch in where necessary, up to and beyond the edges of their wheelhouse. We seek someone who will speak their mind with the confidence which experience brings.
- Develop and maintain core pipeline applications, APIs and services
- Build infrastructure and interfaces that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
- Communicate with frontend engineers about API requirements and refinements
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in Python and Proficiency in Linux
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with Linux Containers and Docker
- Experience with version control, CI/CD and testing frameworks
- Excellent understanding of software architecture and build tools
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Experience working in a DevOps position
- Experience with web technologies including REST, HTML 5 and CSS
- Experience in Machine Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with 3D animation applications