3D Graphics Engineer (x/f/m)
Full-time (Remote optional; EU time zones preferred)
Emphasis: 3D graphics engines and programming
Meshcapade is a spin-off from the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen, Germany and we are creating realistic human avatars for use in research, apparel, biomechanics, virtual reality and film. Using machine learning and computer vision, we model the nuances of human shape and movement. We can automatically convert photos, 3D & 4D scans, RGB-D sequences, Mocap and IMU data into realistic 3D humans. Our methods derive from state of the art, patented research methods. Our core product, digidoppel, is an online platform for the creation, modification, and delivery of our automated 3D human avatars and related assets. Our clients run the gamut of global names; a broad mix of tech, media, health and fitness, apparel, and education.
What we offer
You will work closely with the founders to help build the core products of a fresh startup, with the opportunity to drive design from the ground up. We are a team of passionate creators from a variety of backgrounds, seeking to change how people generate, think about, and make use of digital human avatars. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Our offices are based in Tübingen, Germany. Remote is available.
The successful applicant will be a developer with mastery of their domain. We want someone who has extensive experience with 3D and graphics programming in general, and is comfortable enough with low level techniques and maths to be platform agnostic. We are a small startup and every member of our team is expected to pitch in where necessary, up to and beyond the edges of their wheelhouse. We seek someone who will speak their mind with the confidence which experience brings, and proactively work to build a better holistic product.
- Develop tools/plugins and enhance the fidelity of our output for multi-platform deployment.
- Extend current graphics-related systems and plugins for ease of use and performance.
- R&D to design, debug and evaluate tools, plugins and newer versions of our body models.
- 5+ years professional experience as graphics programmer
- Strong programming and debugging experience (C, C++, C#, python, etc.)
- Computer Science or Software Engineering Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of programming for computer graphics and linear algebra
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with XR frameworks (Unity VR, HoloLens, ARkit, ARCore, etc.)
- WebGL experience
- Programming for physics based systems